We have started our time unit! I absolutely love teaching time, so it's hard to let my student teacher have all the fun, but luckily we do everything in small groups so I'm always at a center playing some kind of time game with the kids! I had so much fun making these games, but it's even more fun to watch them be played!
(Teacher center- working with small groups to progress monitor.) My student teacher is showing the kiddos how the hour hand moves with the min hand!
I have about a 15-20 min whole group time where I go over the concept. My principal showed me some apps on google crome and we found the exact game we needed to model time to the kids! It is pictured below...
I have my kids divided into groups by shapes and can therefore differentiate my centers! I have the kids that are struggling keep reading clocks, while I move the kiddos that master the concept onto elapsed time and making word problems!
Drawing the hands on the clock! (They read the digital and record on the analog).
We still have a few concepts to hit and I will post more pictures then!









No comments:
Post a Comment